Hype Over Irene Overblown?

Go down

Hype Over Irene Overblown?

Post  jaytee on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 am

https://www.gplus.com/Hurricanes/Insight/The-storm-cannot-master-its-own-strength

Did the media overblow this storm? As I write this the storm is making landfall and is now a Cat 1.

jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hype Over Irene Overblown?

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 am

As usual, never waste a good crisis.
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile http://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NOAA’s Phony “Hurricane” Coming On Shore With 33 MPH Winds

Post  jaytee on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:25 pm

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/noaas-phony-hurricane-coming-on-shore-with-33-mph-winds/

NOAA claims 85 mph winds, station only record 33 mph.

Phony forecasting will only lead to one thing; disaster. When the real storm comes, people won't take notice and many will be hurt.
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:13 pm

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Weathermen over sensationalizing their big 5 minutes on camera. Build this up to be a catastrophic storm and it comes in as little more than a tropical depression. Makes me wonder if this is why more people didn't leave for Rita or Ike? Please newsmen, just tell it like it is, don't try to make it something it isn't. In this day and time nobody has the extra money to just pack up and leave. Renting a room, gasoline, food. All this adds up and many just can't really afford it. So they leave, the storm comes in, isn't near as bad as made out to be and where are they? They are left short of money for bills and necessities. What was the storm just before Ike that they had everyone evacuating and then when Ike came along, some couldn't afford to leave. Makes me very angry.
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:10 pm

I do understand why they are making a big deal of it in New York and surrounding areas. It's kind of like New Orleans. Just a small storm surge will flood the city big time. I think we are going to see a lot of water damage there. Now Virginia is another thing entirely. My son is there and he said this isn't as bad as some of the thunderstorms we get.
Off the subject but, as of today, there is no more Walter Reed Army Medical Center. They transferred the last patient this morning and closed their doors for good. This ends over 100 years of taking care of the military's wounded warriors.

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down