BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long married couple dies holding hands.

2 posters

Go down

Long married couple dies holding hands. Empty Long married couple dies holding hands.

Post  Ditch Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 am

For one Iowa couple, true love lasted until the very end.

Married 72 years, Norma, 90, and Gordon Yeager, 94, passed away in the hospital holding hands last week, one hour apart.

The couple was hospitalized after a car accident just outside of Marshalltown, Iowa. They were given a shared room in the ICU where they held hands in adjacent beds.

At 3:38 pm last Wednesday, Gordon's breathing stopped. Though he had passed, his heart monitor continued to register a beat.

The nurse told Gordon and Norma's son, Dennis Yeager, that the monitor was beeping "because they're holding hands, and [Norma's heart beat] is going through them," Dennis recalled in an interview with Des Moines' KCCI news station. "Her heart was beating through him."

Norma passed at 4:38 pm, exactly one hour later.

Gordon and Norma's children say they're glad the couple passed this way. "They just loved being together," says Dennis. "He always said, 'I can't go until she does because I gotta stay here for her.' And she would say the same thing."
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Long married couple dies holding hands. Empty Re: Long married couple dies holding hands.

Post  CruiseJunkie Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Now that is what true love is all about. I am 33 yrs in with my sweetheart. What a beautiful couple. flower
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down