BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's

+3
Rosebud1
STRAT
jaytee
7 posters

Go down

College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's Empty College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's

Post  jaytee Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:16 am

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/10/26/20111026mcdonalds-bans-asu-instructor-chandler-mom1027.html

Well, this lady is on a crusade trying to get McDonald's to clean up the play yards after finding some rather disgusting things there that could be harmful. So McDonald had a lawyer give her a letter banning her from the restaurants in her area. On one hand I understand the point the woman is making. But on the other, I would bet that all play yards in restaurants, parks, daycares, schools, anywhere kids (or adults for that matter) are just plain nasty. So who is right here? Does she have a beef? Can we expect everywhere we go to be germ free? Any thoughts?
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's Empty I Agree

Post  STRAT Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Proper hygiene practice is something which has been neglected for some time now. Let us not forget children also pick up habits from their elder ones. Because its McDonald's sure they have the right to cut her off. And act like this on her part puts the Health Department into full gear. It starts at home.. I did some research and found out the number one dirtiest object is money.

STRAT
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's Empty Re: College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's

Post  Rosebud1 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm

STRAT wrote:Proper hygiene practice is something which has been neglected for some time now. Let us not forget children also pick up habits from their elder ones. Because its McDonald's sure they have the right to cut her off. And act like this on her part puts the Health Department into full gear. It starts at home.. I did some research and found out the number one dirtiest object is money.

Anyone needing their money laundered, just give me a shout! Smile

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's Empty Re: College instructor fighting bacteria banned from McDonald's

Post  jaytee Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:54 pm

One of the dirtiest things we touch is the shopping cart. We bought a basket to put the grandbaby in so she wouldn,t have to sit directly on the cart. It's dirty out there folks.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Most McDonald's have complete extra sets of balls for the ball pit so that they can be washed and sanitized at least once a week. But still children can be nasty little buggers. The snotty nose, sneezing and dirty feet. Yuck. She has targeted the largest fast food chain in the U.S. If she was spreading her word while on McDonald's premises then the owner had the right to ban her. If she was doing it elsewhere I would think freedom of speech would apply.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

The shopping carts just gross me out too. I use the wipes. If none are provided, I pull out my hand sanitizer and slather the handles and seat. The bottom of a ladies purse is a bacteria fest too and ladies then want to put their purses on tables folks eat from. Don't even get me started on a gym. It is flu season, so be careful out there. What a Face
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartender Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Having worked in the pre-hospital and hospital setting, I border on being a germophobe. Now in retail, hand sanitizer is my best friend. My husband gets irritated when I start talking about all the gazillion unsanitary conditions when we are at a restaurant. I have gone so far as to insist that I see staff wash their hands in front of me.

If I had a kid nowadys, or when I have a grandkid, I don't know what I will do!! I have NEVER allowed people to kiss my babies on their mouths, and I always washed their little bitty hands... I clean my phones and doorknobs and keyboards and mouse...

I wouldn't let my grandbabies play at a McDonald's if I saw the things that woman saw, either!

Bartender
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  orley29 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Gas pump handles and remote controls are really nasty too. I took microbiology in college and havent been in a public pool or hot tub since.

orley29
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:50 am

I will remember the gas handles now and sanitize my hands right after pumping gas. I carry little bottles of that sanitizer shit everywhere.
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:53 am

The Hot Tubs and Pools are really gruesome. I worked at the YMCA for years and I did testing and it was bad in the hot months.
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down