BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

straightened out a curve.

+2
supermom
Ditch
6 posters

Go down

straightened out a curve. Empty straightened out a curve.

Post  Ditch Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 pm

I wrecked the Harley today on the way to church. Another really nice scar right between the eyes, 16 stitches, 2 broken ribs, lots of road rash on both knees, belly, both knees and elbows. I was going way too fast for this curve, tried to make it, hit gravel on the other side of the road then woke up in an ambulance, don't remember. chit. Blood pressure was real low so they life flighted me to Beaumont. Ill post pictures tomorrow.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

straightened out a curve. Empty Re: straightened out a curve.

Post  supermom Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Yikes!! Glad you are ok. Now how about the Harley?

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Well, as bad as that sounds, it could have been so much worse! The Lord was surely watching over you! I pray you have a speedy recovery. (And some scars can be kind of sexy)

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditch Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

Yeah Rosy, I was just showing my scars last week. This one's gonna be a doozy. Right now, the arm and ribs are competing for the highest pain level. Face really looks like crap, 2 black eyes and dried blood all over. I can walk better than yesterday just look like Frankenstein.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfmom Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:13 am

Sorry to hear about your accident, you must have had an angel riding on your shoulder. Sending a prayer for your speedy recovery. Try and take care of yourself please!
wolfmom
wolfmom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditch Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:56 am

Twp broken ribs, arm really hurts, road rash on knees, elbows and hip. Feeling pretty rough right now.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditch Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Glad just to be alive, selling the bike.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Glad that you are doing better today. Sorry to hear that you are selling the bike.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 am

I'm sorry you're selling your bike too. Are you selling it because of the accident? If that is the reason, maybe you should wait and think it over a little longer. When you are well again, you might change your mind. You know you loved that bike and you loved riding it.

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditch Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 am

They may total it. One guy at the wrecker said it's not that bad, they put it up on the kickstand and it lost the mirrors, windshield and the handlebars were bent, the gas tank was scratched. The driver wanted $225.00 to tow it to Beaumont and $750.00 because he "had to sweep up a lot of debris and it was almost in the woods."

I was talking to the insurance adjuster and he said, "Welcome to the world of unregulated wreckers, we deal with this all day and the running gag here is that we should all quit, pool our money and buy a wrecker in Texas." Sweeping up the debris is a part of the job. It was a motorcycle, not an 18 wheeler, how much debris could there have been? I've worked wrecks as a paramedic that were in the woods. They simply pull out the winch and pull it out.

If it is repairable I'll probably keep it. I wore my helmet to church last week and should have worn it this time. That was the poor choice.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 am

Well it's totaled, the wrecker owner finds it hard to believe, but I can't very well debate it. I need to go into Kirbyville later so I'll go and take a picture. Also want my key chain, it has a small skull carved out of a real knuckle bone, I bought it in Tulum, Mexico where all of the human sacrifices took place and have had it for years.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Day seven and I actually hurt more than I have all week. The soreness is setting in I guess. The cabs are falling off but I still have bad road rash on my knees and hip. I walk like an old man.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:51 am

Hi! I am so sorry to hear about your accident. pale I have been on vacation and have been feeling like crap since coming home. I get on the computer and you have been hurt. I am glad to hear your doing OK. I hope you feel much better soon!
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:08 am

That's OK, glad you got a vacation in but sorry you felt bad afterwards. It's time for an update anyway.

Day 14, the stitches came out on day four and all of the road rash on my face is gone. The scar between the eyes is very noticeable as the color is pretty noticeable, it hasn't all tanned and blended in as it will in a year or so. The scabs on the hands are all off except for the deep on on the left palm and some on the knuckle. The lips inside are still pretty busted up but healing, I can feel scars there.

The broken ribs are tolerable now, even when I cough. The abrasion on my right hip is taking the longest to heal, still very tender and a few scabs left on it. I'll try to return to work tomorrow but must be able to tuck in a shirt, we'll see. The knees are now dry scabs so I've been wearing jogging pants for the past few days, I'll test wear some jeans to church today.

All in all, I'm healing well thanks to God's hand.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum