BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well He...she has a point

Go down

Well He...she has a point Empty Well He...she has a point

Post  Ditch Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 am

Andrea Jones, Tennessee Transgender Woman, Goes Topless In DMV Protest (VIDEO)

A Tennessee-based transgender woman says she went topless in the parking lot of a local DMV in an effort to fight for her rights.

As WATE.com is reporting, Andrea Jones was arrested for indecent exposure after taking her shirt off after the Morristown Driver's License Office refused to change her sex from male to female on her driver's license.

"If I was a male, I had the right to, when I stepped out the door, take off my shirt," Jones, who has had a partial sex change, explained. "It's not right for the state to ask me to be both male and female. A choice needs to be made. They cannot hold me to both standards."

The police report referred to Jones as a man, The Advocate notes: "Mr. Jones continued to yell that he had the right to show his breasts in public,and wanted to be recognized as a female."

Jones is not the only LGBT person to encounter driver's license trouble in recent weeks. Earlier this month, a Florida-based lesbian couple were rejected after applying to change their last names in Florida although they had proper documentation of their Connecticut marriage and Social Security cards bearing their names.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/andrea-jones-transgender_n_1097978.html?ncid=webmail7
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum