BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollywood Affairs

3 posters

Go down

Hollywood Affairs Empty Hollywood Affairs

Post  jaytee Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 am

I just saw an article that was talking about Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt's break-up. Really? Was this ever real news? Why would it be news now? Do some people really give a shit about that stuff? The only thing I want from Hollywood actors is to be entertained. I don't care about who is doing who, their politics, or their religious views.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Affairs Empty Re: Hollywood Affairs

Post  Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:56 am

Some people are fascinated with every aspect of their lives. It pisses me off when Bruce Springsteen or John Melencamp think that because they are musicians gives them the right to expound their political views.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 am

I have never given a damn about which hollywood actor or actress is having an affair, getting a divorce or anything else. Hell, I didn't care when Clinton got his little "fix", that didn't have anything to do with how he was running the country. That was between him and his wife, personal. Another thing that really makes me mad is to see a newsperson interviewing someone who has just lost a child. When they ask the "How do you feel?" I want to scream that how the hell do you think that person feels. You have no idea.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Bubbles wrote: Another thing that really makes me mad is to see a newsperson interviewing someone who has just lost a child. When they ask the "How do you feel?" I want to scream that how the hell do you think that person feels. You have no idea.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. You, of all people know what I mean. Some days you can face it, some days you can't, no matter how many years go by. You see, Bubbles and I are very dare I say old? and dear friends. We both share a common pain, our particular rant. We belong to a club that neither of us wants to be a member but that is what life handed us. We have both lost a child. Her pain is twice mine but still, here she is just like me, trying to live through it, make some sense of it all and enjoy what life that we have left that God has blessed us with. We have bolstered each other up through the hardest of times right here on a forum. Neither one of us have ever laid eyes on the other, but I truly love her as she loves me, in a great way.

First, let me tell you about the reporters that she is talking about, as we have both seen it, then I will get on to real life. These assholes actually write down the day a child died. They file it in the computer in case it is a slow news day. You have seen it, a mom holding a picture of her dead child who died a year ago today. The very picture is suggested by the media as well as the entire story. We all deal with our grief differently, and perhaps this does help some get the bottled up emotions out. But to a lot of us, it really pisses us off. Here we are, trying to put it all into perspective, go about our everyday lives and do what needs to be done while mourning our dead child and some asshole calls from out of the blue on the very anniversary date that you have been dreading to want a story? Please, let me live my grief, do not call me on this day, that pisses me off too. But, as I said, we are all different. Now let me get to real life and the aftermath of these events. At times, you actually meet another person on an incidental forum that has walked in your very shoes.

It's funny really, some of the best friends that you have, you never have seen. They are just text at first on a screen. But, as times pass and we share what we are going through, we grow as close or closer than our best "real life" friends. I have formed many forums and I have wondered what would happen if I were suddenly killed? Who would really know? What would become of my internet family? Would they think that I had just walked away? I know, it's a really deep subject for such a shallow man, but I really do care and worry about you. I feel that each line of text here is a real person just connected to a machine. I type with two fingers, yet have written four novels. Still, we can't really express ourselves here like we could if we were just sitting in front of each other. We can't see the smiles or the sarcasm. At times, people on forums make totally innocent statements and are so severely chastised that they never post again.

People, these are real people that dare to type here. Some are really shy, that is why they choose to interact like this instead of face to face. But think about it, if a really shy person reaches out on a forum and is brutally attacked for another's amusement or self worth, they never post again. That is why all forums have 500 lurkers and 30 posters or less. For god's sake, we are all people but that's just it, we are real people behind these words. People who have shared your joys and pain. People to wake up, drink your coffee and talk to, to ask questions and at times advise. To tell where the ice is after a hurricane or to really lend a shoulder to when the times get really hard. But it all starts just like this, 6 and then more just talking on the net. But I'm an old man, and I can tell you that some of my best friends that I can really tell anything to in a PM, I have never seen and I hope that never stops. I hope that we can build this into that kind of place, where true friendships are made and nobody gets to flog anybody without getting booted immediately.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:17 am

So do I Ditch. I missed the support of the old forum when Jim died. There was no one that I could "talk" to at 2 or 3 in the morning when sleep just wouldn't come. My old friend, we have let our hearts out about our pain to each other, cried with each other and laughed with each other. No we have never met but you are one of my dearest friends.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

I'm truly sorry i wasn't there to support you when Jim died. My own life was a train wreck at the time and I just had to walk away from the forum. Vicki's health has been an ongoing issue since hurricane Rita and when i left the old forum, it was even worse than that. I do miss Reesa, Jenn, Andi, Rosebud and the others. I wish I could get them all here.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum