BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Of Y'all Getting Any Rain

3 posters

Go down

Any Of Y'all Getting Any Rain Empty Any Of Y'all Getting Any Rain

Post  jaytee Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 am

It's been dry here for awhile. Looks like the rain is scattered out. Any of yall getting any?
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Any Of Y'all Getting Any Rain Empty Re: Any Of Y'all Getting Any Rain

Post  Admin Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:22 am

Dry as a bone. Our well runs dry if you leave the water trough running over for 5 minutes, it takes 30 minutes just to get more water. Our neighbor down the road had to walk down here with a 5 gallon bucket just to get water for her kids to drink as her well sucks before ours does.. We actually need a hurricane to hit nearby just for the rain.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:40 am

It is horrible up here. The grass is parched, hay fields don't even have enough grass to bale. We have been haying our horses since September and haven't quit. Never had to do this before. A lot of people up here have sold their entire herd of cattle. Too expensive to keep and no grass for them to eat. I don't know what we are going to do if we don't get some decent rain pretty soon. Our well is still ok. My son in law's pond is the only one in the area that stays full but it is spring fed. You wouldn't believe the deer tracks around that pond every morning. Everyone elses pond is dried up or has very little muddy water in it. Yes we need a tropical storm to move onshore around Galveston and just sit here for about 4 days and pour rain into the area. I think they said we are 30 plus inches below normal.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm

It's a helluva thing when we pray for a hurricane to break this spell but that's how desperate it is getting.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 am

You are so right Jaytee. I don't want anyone to have any catastrophic weather but just a little depression would be nice. It is so hot up here. It was still 102 at 6 pm yesterday.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:35 am

Extremely hot and I've got a lot of yard work to do today. I swear we look like river rats right now. Been working every day.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down