Rick Perry

Go down

Rick Perry

Post  jaytee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:14 pm

His hat is in the ring. I think he will give the others a run for their money. What do you think?
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rick Perry

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't particulary like him, i think he sold us out to the Mexicans with his highway deal, but looks like probably our best choice next to Bachmann, I actually like her better.
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile http://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm

In my opinion, Rick Perry is an asshole who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. As much as Obama cries about “inheriting” a bad economy (and three years later has become much worse under his watch), Rick Perry sings and takes credit for the Texas economy. What exactly has he himself done except rubber stamp all of the previous work other than to sell us out to Mexico on his highway of drugs, illegals and criminals moving through and into the U.S?

I know he is an asshole in my opinion because of this. Picture this, you are a Texas State Trooper, a law enforcement officer sworn to do your duty. You are sitting on a highway when a Suburban blows by at over 100 MPH. You light it up and pull them over. The driver gets out and after a very brief moment, the rear window slides down.

It’s Rick Perry, the governor. He gets out twice and then he tells you to “Why don't you just let us get on down the road?” or something like that and waves you away like a schoolboy. Here you are, putting your life on the line every day to keep the highways safe from speeders, and this prick swats you away like a fly? Logic, morals, tell you to tell him to “Step out of the car please.” just to show him that he shits between two legs too. That normally, anyone doing over 100 MPH goes to jail, but I will let you off with a warning, this time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8CvXIY6mgk

But, reality tells you that if you do what is right, at worse you will be fired. At best, you will be snapping photos for driver’s licenses for the rest of you life or worse yet, be sitting behind a desk. This Trooper was doing his sworn job, but Rick thinks that he is above the law. He is an opportunist, that is all. He has not done anything remarkable, only following the footprints set out long ago.

He just happened to be lucky enough to inherit the best place in America to be right now, in Texas and he didn’t have a thing to do with it. Texas means oil and oil means jobs, millions of them. We have the crude, on our soil and off of our shores. But, crude is useless without the ability to refine it into useable products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and plastic. We also have the refineries, all of them if you really think about it. I did 20 years in a local refinery and saw the move from the northern states to here. It’s hot, and that’s good for oil. It needs to be hot to flow and if you have to spend money to heat it, you are losing. So they moved all of the business down here, no heating costs or minimal at least in the winter.

Life in these refineries is very structured. Not one person can work within them unless they pass a minimal education and a background screening. So, this spawns an education center such as BEST in Beaumont. This creates jobs. The refinery itself is a living mechanical thing that runs 24/7 365 days a year, Christmas and New Years. It never stops, things wear out. This brings in engineers, pipe fitters, boilermakers, machinists, electricians and all of the support. Food must be catered in daily and the supplies of new pumps, pipe, electrical components and this is even more jobs. Drivers, cooks, People who deliver bottled water, floor mats and uniforms.

Other complete smaller industries sprout up around these refineries to supply their needs. Bolts, nuts, AC filters, drivers, fabricators to make the needed components. All of these smaller sprout off businesses create jobs, not Rick. All I have seen him do is insult a Texas State Trooper who was doing his job, rubber stamp the norm, sell us out to Mexico, and take all of the credit for the years of blood, sweat, tears and ingenuity of our forefathers and their fortune to inherit this great state.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8CvXIY6mgk

If my eyes and ears don't deceive me, this is a black, female officer pulling them over, a very hard role to fill, don't you think? Can you even imagine this woman's accomplishments to overcome such odds and become a Texas State Trooper?

Now, looking through her eyes, reverse the roles. What if it were two black males pulled over and the suspect in the rear kept getting out and approaching a white female officer aggressively? How would this have played out? "Hands on the car sir." or at the least, "Get back into the car."

This is bullshit, what she had to go through, in my opinion. I have a lot more respect for the Trooper than I do him. Another useless piece of politician crap that happened to be in the right place at the right time, or the right color at the right time, regardless of their track record, to suck up votes by their good fortune.

At least Bachmann did the right thing in her heart. Besides her three, she took in 23 kids with no parents, mainly girls. What does this do with her having to steer our country? At least she does what is right with her life, not just be a "community activist" which translates into the division of the races. She scratched her way up and did the right thing for those kids. That speaks a lot to her character.
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:18 am

All great points but what happens IF he gets the nomination? Perry or Obama? Will we once again be voting against someone instead of voting for someone?
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 am

I'd take Pee Wee Herman over Obama, but still have a lot more respect for Michele Bachmann.
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  swmp on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

If getting out of a ticket is a major offense then many of us should be in jail. I don't see the big issue. I have given many people warnings (about 90%) on traffic stops from people of all races and walks of life. Most I had no clue who they were.

Doctors, cops, teachers, nurses and some others often get breaks from the police. It is a discretionary action. It would be different if there was corruption involved like paying off someone not to talk or paying off a judge to find you not guilty.

I look at Obama and the arrest of his friend, the black professor. So the President of the United States decides to personally step in on what is completely a local issue. Now that gets close to corruption but of course, most of us dislike Obama anyway so we gloss over it.

The fact is that many politicians get breaks from the cops and it isn't just Perry. We might dig deep enough and find that Michele Bachmann has been given professional courtesy on traffic stops also as a state and federal representative. If she had, would it change anyone's opinion about her?

Now if he had been caught DWI and got some judge to cover it up or something similar, I might be more impressed. I wonder how many people reading this forum have gotten warnings from a cop on a traffic stop.
swmp
Amigo
Amigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I just don't like Perry particularly because of his Mexican Superhighway and the fact that he is trying to take the credit for the jobs in Texas which are just a part of our natural economy. He may fight to lower taxes as a good republican should, so I would rather have him than Romney who I find even weaker than Bachmann. Actually I like Bachmann the best.
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  swmp on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I think the TTC was wrong as I do a couple of other things that Perry has supported but that has nothing to do (IMO) with him running the country. As with the TTC, he still needs to backing of Congress whether state or federal.

I want someone that will push a very conservative agenda through and will sign it if it hits his desk and then veto what is not. Perry has vetoed more than 200 bills and signs most of what I agree with.

I could care less about his personal opinion on abortions, the TTC or other what I think are trivial issues. I want him to go to the US Congress as the president and say but the crap out of the budget and don't spend any more than we are taking in and I don't want to do it with a tax increase. Do like Reagan did and veto the budget if need be.

Bachmann is right up there with him and I was for her months ago before she even announced. Perry has proven what he would do as the top guy though, Bachmann has not. He has signed pro gun legislation and signed budgets like the last one that hurt but he did it to not increase taxes.

I just don't think that she can get elected although maybe anyone can beat Obama. I would be happy with her but think that Perry is a tougher election for Obama. I will accept the failed idea of the TTC that Perry was for but could not get support than for any more days of Obama than I need to.

I would rather be friends with Bachmann. Right now I think that I will go with Perry as the president however. I am not looking for a best friend, I am looking for leadership. Heck, Obama might be a more fun guy to hang out with instead of Perry.
swmp
Amigo
Amigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down