BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la!

3 posters

Go down

The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la! Empty The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la!

Post  Bartender Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:24 am

Yep, I'm here. So far, you all know me. I haven't changed, except maybe a bit older, wiser, and fatter.

Bartender
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la! Empty Re: The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la!

Post  Admin Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 am

Hey!! Welcome, great to see you here. Now if you can just drag Rosebud over the old gang will be together again.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la! Empty Re: The Bartnder's back, and you're gonna be in trouble... hey laaa, hey la!

Post  Bubbles Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey Bartender! Now we can get back to quilting and sipping tea on the veranda. lol Yeah right. Glad your here. Now do we have to get the posse out for Rosebud?
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Bubbles wrote:Hey Bartender! Now we can get back to quilting and sipping tea on the veranda. lol Yeah right. Glad your here. Now do we have to get the posse out for Rosebud?

More like shooting shotguns and tequila, I know you two.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Don't be fooled by the wolves in sheep's clothing. I know these two very well. Bartender and I ran on an ambulance together and had some really memorable experiences. She isn't one to brag, but she coordinated the life flight helicopter out of St. E. that served our entire area as well as every ambulance that hit that hospital, and there were many.

Hence the name "Bartender" she listened to a million medics spill their hearts out over what they had just saw and tried to save. Kids dying, severe trauma. All came and vented on Andi and she listened, like a good bartender. There are no words that you can say to comfort one who has just seen and followed a death. Particularly that of a kid. Andi has them all stored in her vault.

I remember one kid, maybe 17. He had a 357 magnun and passed it to another guy over his left shoulder. It went off point blank and dissected his aorta as it blew his lungs and heart out. He died instantly. I was doing clinical s in the ER when he came in. The paramedic was in shock himself. As much as he tried to intubate this kid, he couldn't. He felt responsible, I know he didn't sleep that week. Anyway, the best trauma surgeon was on that night, Robby Eaves. He took a scalpel and cracked the kid's chest right there. He slit between the ribs and an enormous amount of blood splattered to the floor, he dodged his shoes. He inserted the internal paddles and shocked his heart directly, time after time, but he did not respond. We cleaned the room and him as well as we could.

The patient advocate was gone that night. There was nobody there to comfort his mother. She came in and looked at him with her boyfriend. she asked, "Can I hold his hand?" I shot a look at the nurse and she looked at me. The mother picked up on it, she said, "What? Is something wrong with his hand?" The nurse carefully lifted the sheet and gave her his hand. The man asked, "Is everything OK now?"

She blew up, understandably, but death is difficult for us to handle, and Andi has had many heaped on her heart.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartender Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:37 pm

As usual, Ditch, you are too kind. But yes, we're all here, and now us LADIES can get back to our QUILTING and SWEET TEA!!! I've missed the quilting bees, and the tea is just never as sweet without your family! I love you

Bartender
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down