Dear Mom and Dad

Go down

Dear Mom and Dad Empty Dear Mom and Dad

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Dear Mom and Dad,
It has been quite a while since we have spoken and I really miss you. We really had such a short time together. I was still a kid when Dad died and was way from mature when you died, Momma. I wish that things had been different in a way. So that I could grow to see you as a man and recognize just what you have done.

You immigrated into America with little more than the shirts on your backs. Daddy became an Engineer, then when the wars came he became a Lieutenant Commander. I’ve looked at the books showing helical gears and wonder how did he ever learn all of this? When his ship was torpedoed he spent three days and two nights in the water.

You, I really don’t know how you did it. Somehow, you managed to pay the bills and put food on the table for three when dad died. I was twelve, I couldn’t help. I didn’t really even understand what struggles and sacrifices that you must have gone through and faced.

People today don’t even come close to stacking up against such character, such determination and independence. Knowing, that if you didn’t somehow carve a life out of this, that you had to do it on your own. At that time, there was no government assistance. No food stamps though I know that you would never have taken them out of pride. You both have my love and complete respect, I really don’t know how you did it.

Anyway, as I was saying. It has been a long time since we have spoken. You were on my mind tonight and I really miss you. I’ll see you again and you will see the grand babies. I love you both.

Your son,
Felipe Antonio Lestion Platero Suan Fernandez.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dear Mom and Dad Empty Re: Dear Mom and Dad

Post  Bubbles on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 pm

What a beautiful tribute to your parents Ditch

Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down