BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christamas Decor Out Already?

+4
supermom
CruiseJunkie
jaytee
STRAT
8 posters

Go down

Christamas Decor Out Already?  Empty Christamas Decor Out Already?

Post  STRAT Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Ok, I realy don' understand what the hell is wrong with people these days. We havn't even approached Halloween and Christmas trees are standing in Walmart already. It would at all shock me if next year they start appearing late June.. My niece is already telling me what she was for Christmas.. Times are changing..

STRAT
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Christamas Decor Out Already?  Empty Re: Christamas Decor Out Already?

Post  jaytee Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I was at a drugstore several weeks back when the Halloween candy was put out and I made a comment about how they put it out earlier and earlier every year. The clerk told me that the Christmas candy was already stocked in the back of the store to go out right after Halloween. It's crazy but people buy it. I know I do. Very Happy
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm

I don't even want to say the words, let alone perform the duty. (I hear the dirty minds working) lol. I am talking about Christmas shopping. No tongue Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad pale affraid Am I being clear about how I feel? lol!
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Yep Christmas candy arrived at my stre last week. And no it is not earlier this year. We had an extra week in September.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:24 pm

I was at the drugstore today and the Halloween candy was moved out and Christmas candy and stuff going in, and Halloween isn't even here yet. Next thing you know Christmas stuff will be going out on Labor Day.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Christamas Decor Out Already?  Empty Last Night

Post  STRAT Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 am

Was at my parents house last night and noticed her neighbors were putting out their Christmas decor. And when night came wouldn't you know it their house was lite up.. This is just really disturbing in all kinds of ways.. Strike me if I am wrong but to me it proves Christmas is close to loosing all its natural meaning.. I would have never thought this would have happened.. People have really finally lost it!! Just take November off the calendar..

STRAT
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm

STRAT wrote:Was at my parents house last night and noticed her neighbors were putting out their Christmas decor. And when night came wouldn't you know it their house was lite up.. This is just really disturbing in all kinds of ways.. Strike me if I am wrong but to me it proves Christmas is close to loosing all its natural meaning.. I would have never thought this would have happened.. People have really finally lost it!! Just take November off the calendar..

Yep Christmas HAS lost it's meaning in retail. There is just something wrong with having Hallowwen decor right down the aisle from Christmas decor.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartender Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:19 pm

supermom wrote:
STRAT wrote:Was at my parents house last night and noticed her neighbors were putting out their Christmas decor. And when night came wouldn't you know it their house was lite up.. This is just really disturbing in all kinds of ways.. Strike me if I am wrong but to me it proves Christmas is close to loosing all its natural meaning.. I would have never thought this would have happened.. People have really finally lost it!! Just take November off the calendar..

Yep Christmas HAS lost it's meaning in retail. There is just something wrong with having Hallowwen decor right down the aisle from Christmas decor.

Yes, there is. Sadly, I understand that the craft stores need to stock things earlier, since some people MAKE their decorations to sell, but let's get real...

I took my Halloween cards down on Friday, and guess what is still out there in their place?? Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy FALL cards!!!! That's right... I REFUSE to put the Christmas cards out for another 2 weeks, at least!! (And I'm a shipping/mailing store)!!

Bartender
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 am

I don't do much Christmas shopping any more. I'll buy gifts for my younger grandchildren, but the rest of the family get homemade things. I crochet hats & scarves, bake cookies, and make candy. To me, there is a lot more love in those things because I took MY time to make them. And after all, Christmas is all about love. " For God so loved the world....!"

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfmom Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Dollar General on MLK in Orange has had Christmas stuff out since the 1st of October. Waaaaay too soon. The Holidays are being so rushed you don't have anything to look forward to anymore.
wolfmom
wolfmom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:03 pm

I am in retail and I no longer really enjoy the holiday's. All of the decor and candies are put out way to early and the customers tend to be grumpy. My customers that are my regulars really make the holiday's for me. I know things about their kids or grandkids and they know things about me and my family. I share recipes with some of them and they do the same. It is these customers that really help me gthrough the holiday's.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  orley29 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 pm

I shop for Christmas year round. I listen to my kids when they say they want something, and watch for it to go on sale. Im basically finished christmas shopping already. I buy my wrapping paper and ribbon at the end of season and put it up for the next year. I have a few things left to get, one of which doesnt even come out til November 16th. Everything I have so far is already wrapped and ready to go under the tree. We put up our tree the saturday after Thanksgiving and its a family event with baking cookies and homemade hot cocoa. I am able to enjoy my weekends during the holiday season, and not feel rushed. We do alot of baking and have parties so its nice to have it all done ahead of time. But I do think putting out christmas decorations before Halloween and completely bypassing Thanksgiving altogether is not a good thing.

orley29
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 pm

orley29 wrote:I shop for Christmas year round. I listen to my kids when they say they want something, and watch for it to go on sale. Im basically finished christmas shopping already. I buy my wrapping paper and ribbon at the end of season and put it up for the next year. I have a few things left to get, one of which doesnt even come out til November 16th. Everything I have so far is already wrapped and ready to go under the tree. We put up our tree the saturday after Thanksgiving and its a family event with baking cookies and homemade hot cocoa. I am able to enjoy my weekends during the holiday season, and not feel rushed. We do alot of baking and have parties so its nice to have it all done ahead of time. But I do think putting out christmas decorations before Halloween and completely bypassing Thanksgiving altogether is not a good thing.

I hope that I get this type of spirit back. I used to love to decorate the tree with two of my three kids. My youngest helps me now. I don't even need a ladder tgo put the Angel on top he does it!! I work in retail and there are times that my customers just suck the happy out of the holiday's.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum