BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chapter in my latest book.

2 posters

Go down

A chapter in my latest book. Empty A chapter in my latest book.

Post  Admin Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm

even though it is 1647, they had psychics back then. My daughter in law Tiesha plays the part of Isabel, let me take you back there and then, here goes...

CHAPTER NINE

YON ZACK

The women had made all of the purchases that they wanted, so they all sailed back to Playa Del Carmen. Arriving late in the evening of the third day, they were all tired from the voyage. They ate a good supper then went to sleep early.

Jeanne Pierre was sleeping soundly when something woke him up. His light blue eyes sprung wide open, then he rose up on his elbows looking toward the foot of the bed. Isabel was standing there looking at him with an urgent look on her face. She appeared very real, but she was slightly transparent, he could see the details of the room through her body.

“What are you doing here? What is going on?”
“You are dreaming, rise quickly, I have something very important to show you.” she replied.
He swung his legs over the side of the bed noticing that he could also see through his legs. He rose then looked at the bed. He saw himself still sleeping as was Angelica who held little Andre under her arm, all three were sound asleep. He looked at Isabel who looked up at the ceiling, then rose and passed through it.

He too looked up and he began to rise. He passed through the roof easily, then followed Isabel to the coast. She landed easily looking out at his ship. She held her left palm up and Jeanne Pierre looked at it. The flesh in the center of her palm sunk into a perfect circle as out of the center of her palm rose a thin point of flesh. This grew into a needle with two ends on it as the points of the compass appeared in fine detail. The letters representing the four directions also appeared sharply out of her flesh. He looked at the bearing that the needle was pointing.

“Do you have the bearing?” she asked.
“Yes.” he replied.
“Come quickly, there is no time to lose.” she again rose up and flew along the bearing that the compass had indicated. They began moving at an incredible speed, the sun swept overhead and quickly set, followed by the moon. This happened three times, then she slowed and pointed ahead.

A ship was fleeing before a fleet, Jeanne Pierre counted thirteen ships pursuing the lead ship. Fire and smoke belched from the ships as the smoke swept back along their sides. The fleeing ship was also returning fire but was taking many hits as it was so badly outnumbered.

They approached closer as one of the ships came in small arms range. Jeanne Pierre looked down to see Yon Zack in the lead ship, stuffing a small bag of powder as he manned the stern gun. A loud buzzing sound approached then Yon Zack's right shoulder exploded in a spray of blood and flesh. He staggered backwards, then regained his feet and ran back to the cannon. His right arm hung loosely by his side as he stuffed a cannonball in with his left hand. Lighting the fuse with his cigar, he returned fire. Again a loud buzzing like an angry hornet approached. This time his right thigh was hit as blood and pieces of bone shot out of the back and sprayed on the deck behind him. He went to his knees and took out another bag of powder.

“No!” Jeanne Pierre shouted, “I must help him!” looking at Isabel.
“You are dreaming, this will happen in three days. It is imperative that you sail by noon along the bearing that I showed you if you are to save him. Wake up now.”

Jeanne Pierre sat up in bed, then quickly ran to the pavilion and began to ring the bell furiously. People began to walk up sleepily wiping their eyes. Victoria put on a pot of coffee as Jeanne Pierre glanced around at the growing crowd. Satisfied that the key players were there, he began.

“Isabel appeared to me in a dream. Yon Zack will be in dire straits in three days. I saw him being pursued by thirteen vessels. He was shot twice while I observed. His right leg was broken and his right arm was also shot, hanging uselessly by his side. Still, he was loading the cannon and fighting back. I have the compass bearing, it is imperative that we make sail by noon to rescue him.”

“Did you see the nationality of the ships that were chasing him?” Felipe asked.

Jeanne Pierre looked at him, “Yes, they were Spanish, probably the Manila galleons that returned to Spain after Juan Carlos left there. We must stock the ships and leave immediately, Isabel said that it is imperative that we make sail before noon if we are to intercept and save him.”

“How many ships do we have in port right now?” Batu asked.

“Eight, with his ship that makes nine against thirteen” Felipe replied.

“I will take those odds. Quickly! Let us supply the ships!”

They rose and all ran in different directions. Well before noon the ships were stocked with provisions and set sail. The women watched from the shore as once again, their men sailed off into battle, but this time they knew that they were outnumbered.
Carmen dropped to her knees and they all followed her lead. They joined hands as Carmen said a prayer out loud for the safe return of their men.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A chapter in my latest book. Empty Re: A chapter in my latest book.

Post  supermom Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:38 pm

When is this book gonna be finished and where can I get a copy?

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Working on it, I'm blending the new the old. I love my characters and constantly put them into situations that amuse me.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down