BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready?

3 posters

Go down

Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready? Empty Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready?

Post  Admin Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

As we know, the season peaks in September and we have been luck. There are some disturbances out there right now. We are on well water now so water isn't a problem. I have 2 generators so all I need is a 50 amp breaker, a little #10 wire and an outdoor receptacle. All you have to do is kill the main breaker coming in, wire and stab the 50 amp breaker and connect it to a plug in the outdoor box. I did this in my old house but the breaker box was in the garage so i had to buy a long masonry bit to drill through the wall, then mount the box. When a storm kills the power, you flip the main to the off position and flip all of your breakers off. You then Open the 50 amp that you installed and one at a time, flip only the breakers that you need such as the fridge or a window AC unit. You will hear the generator bog down for a moment as the load increases.

Anything with a heating element will really bog it down, even a hair dryer or coffeepot. So, to take a warm shower, kill everything else and flip on only the water heater. Wait 30 minutes and no more cold showers. I don't care how hot it is, I can't stand a cold shower.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready? Empty Re: Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready?

Post  Bubbles Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:19 pm

With this high pressure sitting on top of us all summer I don't see any Hurricanes coming close. But this heat has to break sooner than later and then we will all start worrying. We will ride it out here at home just like Rita and Ike. We also have a generator. It will be hotter than hell but we can survive. And you are right Ditch. I don't do cold showers, no matter how hot it is outside.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready? Empty Re: Hurricane season peak coming, are you ready?

Post  jaytee Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 pm

I've also got a generator, got it during Rita. Also a small a/c unit that will cool one room. So I guess I'm as ready as I can be. I dread paying for the gas that the generator will use at these prices. How about a good tropical storm to just wet the area real good; that's the ticket.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down