BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Mayor bans religion at 911 ceremony

2 posters

Go down

New York Mayor bans religion at 911 ceremony Empty New York Mayor bans religion at 911 ceremony

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:45 am

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is under attack for refusing to allow members of the clergy to play a role in the city’s commemoration of the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

Bloomberg insists the ceremonies should focus on the families of those killed in the attacks on the World Trade Center. He is also barring political speech. But pastors and politicians are lining up to lambast his decision, reports The Wall Street Journal.

"This is America, and to have a memorial service where there's no prayer, this appears to be insanity to me," said Rudy Washington, a deputy mayor under Bloomberg’s predecessor Rudy Giuliani, who organized a nationally televised interfaith ceremony at Yankee Stadium in the days after the 2001 attacks.

"I feel like America has lost its way," added Washington. “I am very upset about it. This is crazy.”

He has also supported the right of Muslims to build Park51, a 13-story community center two blocks from the site, saying he “shouldn't be in the business of picking" one religion over another.

“I think it's fair to say if somebody was going to try, on that piece of property, to build a church or a synagogue, nobody would be yelling and screaming," Bloomberg said. "The fact of the matter is that Muslims have a right to do it, too."

What is wrong with this guy? He just doesn't have the balls to stand up and tell any radical Muslims who want to tell "their side of the story" NO
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New York Mayor bans religion at 911 ceremony Empty Re: New York Mayor bans religion at 911 ceremony

Post  jaytee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:10 am

Well, we get what we ask for. (I must admit the choices are often slim)

We now more than ever need leaders that have balls. We need leaders that don't play the political nonsense in all of the decisions that are made. In order to do that, we need the people to start growing a pair and throw the bums out. What kind of country have we become? We don't allow religion in schools and certain places, we have police forces at the schools, we can't or won't solve the problem with illegals, we are in debt past the moon, it is illegal to feed a homeless person, and little girls can't sell lemonade on the corner, we are no longer the world leader. A sinking ship for sure.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down