BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests

+2
orley29
jaytee
6 posters

Go down

ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests Empty ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests

Post  jaytee Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 am

http://www.news4jax.com/news/29105590/detail.html

ACLU says drug testing in Florida unconstitutional and files suit. Instead of spending a bunch of money, the state should consider just ending welfare and let the ACLU chew on that.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests Empty Re: ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests

Post  orley29 Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 am

The ACLU is always stirring up stuff. If the people dont want to take a drug test, then they can opt to GET A JOB and not be on welfare. But you have to take a drug test for most jobs too so they may just be SOL. Some people have a sense of entitlement. I hate that....

orley29
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests Empty Re: ACLU Plans Lawsuit Over Welfare Drug Tests

Post  supermom Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Let the ACLU support all those peeps.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubbles Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:41 pm

My husband and I have worked hard for many years to obtain what we now have. We are debt free, everything we own is paid for. But this took many, many years of working hard to get this far.
We have never asked for a handout, been on welfare, gotten any help from the government, etc. We have bee subjected to drug tests and never thought anything about it. It was a rule and you followed it if you wanted a job. And we definately wanted our jobs.
I can't tolerate people that sit on their butts and expect the government to "take care of them". I wonder how many people from Katrina are still here and now Texas is taking care of them? This is one of my pet peeves.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Wow Bubbles, same here. It is a relief to be debt free and it did indeed take work to be free of bills! My hubby is still required to take random drug testing to keep his job...folks getting welfare SHOULD have to pass a drug test! Mad
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  newsjunkie6 Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

This is the best idea I have ever heard of. I have to take a drug test so I can make the money to give them....they ought to have to take one too. It only seems fair. My friend was playing devil's advocate and saying that drug testing was not economically feasible. I told him that I, as a tax payer, would donate one drug test a month and I bet the rest of you would as well. How about it?
Very Happy I love these emoticons too cruisejunkie

newsjunkie6
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:30 pm

I could do that. Smile
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  supermom Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 pm

I would donate 1 drug test a month. Or perhaps we just need to do away with the welfare program. It is being abused to the max so take it away.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down