BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad I'm retired from that

Go down

Glad I'm retired from that Empty Glad I'm retired from that

Post  Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I used to do this for a living. That pump is charging methyl ethyl nasty and as you can see, it burns real good. See that valve? We have to capture the fire and push it away from that valve so someone can close it without getting burned. We still need to get closer so he can get there safely. The smallest movements at this time can crisp an entire attack team. Once you have capture, you stand, fight and shake till he gets it closed. It is truly exhausting. Hot as hell in August with 70 pounds of protective gear on. Imagine putting on the warmest winter jumpsuit in August and walking up to a fire, it's really hot.

You can push 120 gallons per minute at 140 pounds of pressure at it all day and it won't go out. But, while you hold the fire away so someone can close it, your muscles are screaming and shaking, every second seems like hours. Holding that hose under that pressure he is like trying to keep a horse from water.

Selling cars is a breeze.

Glad I'm retired from that 156-2
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum