BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a question

+5
Admin
labmom
Ditch
supermom
Rosebud1
9 posters

Go down

I have a question Empty I have a question

Post  Rosebud1 Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

What would you do if your 40th wedding anniversary was this Saturday and your spouse said he was going to the deer lease tomorrow and won't be back till Monday? I'm pissed! Am I overreacting?

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

I have a question Empty Re: I have a question

Post  supermom Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Pissed off would not EVEN begin to cover it! WTH is he gonna be doing at the lease for that many days? Nope your not over reacting IMO.

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditch Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Not at all, maybe he thinkstat becaue i has been s may years i doen'tmen so muc o you. Tell him you are going wth him. Let him know it stil means a lot to you. We men are such rudecreatureswhen it comes to emotional things.
Ditch
Ditch
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 pm

He is suppose to be helping his son get ready for deer season. I think I might just have to call one of my friends and go out Saturday night. I was not invited. It is going to be just a father & son thing. He asked which anniversary this was (he didn't remember). I was tempted to tell him it is our last one!

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  labmom Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Im so glad my husband doesnt hunt, however he does fish alot. Im not sure what i would do, if mine done this to me. Were coming up on our 30th so we will see what we are doing, proberly go out to eat or something like that. Were so busy right now getting our property ready to move onto. good luck rosebud.

labmom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:23 pm

The computer at work really sucks. I lose every third letter.

Just tell him Rosie, what this milestone really means. Forty fucking years. Through thick and thin. Through the young years where most don't survive, to the decades.

This is a big deal, or should be. I learned a really big lesson today. Here I am, 56 years old and supposedly wiser. But do you want to know what I learned today?

That some time, your really best friend will stand up and slap the shit out of you to wake you up. They know you, and know your heart. They see inside even though their eyes have never landed on yours. That you only know them from here, from the net. But still, I love Bubbles with all of my heart. She slapped the shit out of me this morning and woke me up. That takes a really good friend.

I won't hijack this thread, but slap the shit out of him, like you love him.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  labmom Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm

I agree with you Ditch! Tell him like it is, i was trying to be nice and thats really hard for me to do. haha. But sometimes you have to just tell him how you feel or he might not know.

labmom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  GuyPinestra Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Ditch wrote:Not at all, maybe he thinkstat becaue i has been s may years i doen'tmen so muc o you. Tell him you are going wth him. Let him know it stil means a lot to you. We men are such rudecreatureswhen it comes to emotional things.

I thought you were drunk until I read the rest of the thread...lol!

But I agree with you, us guys are real jerks, even when we're not trying to be...

Take him by the hand and LOVINGLY explain why this is so important to you. If he STILL doesn't get it, USE THE DEER RIFLE ON HIM!!! Very Happy

GuyPinestra
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  House4kids Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Did you tell him how you felt? What happened this weekend?

By the way - my new avatar is my new grandson - Trenton Edward-Polter Geis, Born 9/27/11, 9 lbs, 1 oz, 19.5 inches long. Dad Ben is in USARMY in KS. I can't wait to see him and hold him.

Last edited by House4kids on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : explaining my avatar)
House4kids
House4kids
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm

House4kids wrote:Did you tell him how you felt? What happened this weekend?

By the way - my new avatar is my new grandson - Trenton Edward-Polter Geis, Born 9/27/11, 9 lbs, 1 oz, 19.5 inches long. Dad Ben is in USARMY in KS. I can't wait to see him and hold him.

Beautiful boy. I know you're proud.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:30 am

Indeed a fine boy and I'll bet you can't wait.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosebud1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:57 am

House4kids wrote:Did you tell him how you felt? What happened this weekend?

What a beautiful boy! I know you must be so excited! That's wonderful! To answer your question, yes I told him how I felt. But he still went to the deer lease. He said he remembered our anniversary was on the 1st, but hadn't realized that Saturday was the 1st. They had already made plans to go. He promised we would celebrate when he got home. We're going out to dinner (a big sacrifice for him. He hates eating out) and maybe a movie.

Rosebud1
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  CruiseJunkie Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

I would have a fit! I feel lucky with my hubby. Our anniversary is going to be a nine day cruise. Plan something and kidnap him. Tell or ask your son to delay or reschedule the trip. Grab his goobers and ask if wants to keep them. Don't forget to smile while holding said goobers. Anyway, I think you are 100% correct to be upset. flower
CruiseJunkie
CruiseJunkie
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down