BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate

3 posters

Go down

San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate Empty San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate

Post  jaytee Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/san-francisco-restaurants-want-to-make-25-standard-tip-rate/

In San Fran, restaurant workers want a tip fee of 25%. They site the economy, etc.

IMO, a tip is just that, a tip! I don't like tips that are added on. I know folks that work in restaurants sometime make little money and work hard for it but I tip well if served well. If I am served by someone that is rude, well forget the tip bub. If served well, I usually tip around 20%.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate Empty Re: San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate

Post  Bubbles Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am

That's exactly what we do. I know everyone can have a bad day, but when you work in the public or you serve the public you need to learn to leave your problems out of the work place.

If we get good service, waitress or waiter smiles and is pleasant then they will receive an appropriate tip. If rude or sultry attitude then their tip just went out the window.

25% mandatory tip is outrageous. I, for one, would not visit any place that demanded that of me.
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate Empty Re: San Francisco Restaurants Want To Make 25% Standard Tip Rate

Post  supermom Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 pm

25% is a bit much. I have waited tables before and I tend to agree with a tip being added into the tab, but NOT 25%. My reason for the tip being added on is for instance a large party that takes up multiple tables in your section and stays for a while. You lose money. So in that instance yes a tip should be added onto the tab, just NOT 25%.Another instance would be the bar hoppers that frequent restaurants after 2:00 AM and they are drunk. A lot of times they tend to "forget" to leave the waitress a tip. Not all bar hoppers are like this just some.

I smell greed coming from California!

supermom
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down