BeaumontsBeat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama takes charge at hurricane command center

4 posters

Go down

Obama takes charge at hurricane command center Empty Obama takes charge at hurricane command center

Post  jaytee Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:35 am

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-takes-charge-hurricane-command-center-172139005.html

Obama takes command of hurricane central. What will this guy and media do to get points? Geez.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Obama takes charge at hurricane command center Empty Re: Obama takes charge at hurricane command center

Post  Admin Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:25 am

The White House appears to have carefully considered the lesson of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, when a botched response effort and confusion between state and federal agencies inflicted a heavy political price on president George W. Bush.

More like playing politics so he can't be blamed like Bush was when Louisiana didn't know that it was responsible for it's own evacuation and was supposed to request federal assistance. Katrina was a complete circus. I was in New Orleans when the evacuation was called for. "This is not a drill! Leave now!"

Everyone in charge knew that most of the population did not own a car and could not evacuate. They made no effort to utilize all of the school buses that were shown parked, flooded in parking lots. Hell, even at a city level, Beaumont has that entire state beat hands down. My volunteer group "HART" the Human Assets Response Team acted with Beaumont Police Department helping people with special needs evacuate from Rita. Buses were staged at the old French High School and people came there, some walked. People with special needs run the gamut from elderly on oxygen and in wheelchairs or just those who are elderly and have no relatives, to those whose car just couldn't make it out or didn't have the gas.

Of course the abusers showed up also. The few air conditioned buses were slotted for those who were elderly and in bad health. Young people demanded that they get an air conditioned ride "because I have babies". We were raised without AC! It wasn't even widely available until the 60's, I remember seeing cigarette ad signs in store windows saying, "Come on in, it's KOOL inside. Air conditioned."

"It's going to be a long 72 hours. Obviously a lot of families are going to be affected ... the biggest concern I'm having right now has to do with flooding and power," Obama said during the videoconference.

A long 72 hours? We were over two months without electricity from Rita after they sent every utility truck to Louisiana for Katrina damage. Obama is more concerned as usual with political damage control than actual storm damage, he has to make it look like he is actually doing something.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Obama takes charge at hurricane command center Empty Re: Obama takes charge at hurricane command center

Post  Bubbles Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

How can he command a control center? He can't even control things in America. He has almost ruined us. Can you say "dumb ass"?
Bubbles
Bubbles
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 am

He is trying to make himself a hero with this storm. As I write this, the winds are now 40 mph. This storm doesn't compare with Katrina, Rita, or Ike. Hundreds of thousands will be without power and some will be killed no doubt. He is trying to become a hero in a relatively minor event.
jaytee
jaytee
Compadre
Compadre

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 am

jaytee wrote: He is trying to become a hero in a relatively minor event.

As usual, will probably get another well deserved Nobel Peace Prize.
Admin
Admin
Compadre
Compadre

https://beaumontsbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yep Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

I wonder if Jim Cantore registered on his radar the extra hot air moving away from D.C.?

yep
Amigo
Amigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down